Inspiring and fun original stories, comic personal narratives, traditional stories from Native America for all ages and demographics.
Storyteller of the year 1999 by Wordcraft Circle of Native Writers.
Robert has done countless school visits for tens of thousands of students all across the U.S. Canada, Australia, England and Germany. Robert’s style reaches all levels from kindergarten through university.
Available for School visits, Special Events, Urban Centers, Churches, Health and Wellness Conferences, Corporate, what is your group specialty?
A few venues and events over the last ten years
- Featured teller at Festival at the Edge, July 2011
- Walking on Turtle Island solo show at Origins Festival England, July 2011
- Short tour in England, July 2011
- Cal-Arts College, Valencia CA, April 2011
- Inter-tribal Friendship house, Oakland CA, February 2011
- Mills College, Oakland CA, November 2010
- Hollywood school house, November 2009
- Storytelling Performance, Barbican Theater, London, May 2008
- Storytelling tour of England. 31 towns, 34 shows, 39 days, sold out houses. Royal Center venues, November 2007
- St Louis Storytelling Festival; featured teller June 2007
- Sierra Storytelling Festival; festival featured teller July 2006
- Beyon the Borders, England, May 2006
- Bay Area Storytelling Festival; featured teller May 2005
- Prison visits as storyteller, and wellness coach/advisor. England and U.S.
- Poem “Eddies Dream” published in anthology of Native writers, 2000.
- Poem “Stunning Mother Woman child” published in anthology of Native Writers, 1998.
- Short story “Dad counts Coup” performed in stylized theatrical piece and local publication Portland, Oregon, 2002.
- Short Story “Leave it to Little Beaver” published Yellow River Review Mn. University Press, 2007
Stand-Up Comedy/Comic Storytelling
Robert has performed at the Ice House, The Improv, Smiles, The Continental Club, The Comedy Store and many other great venues. Rapid fire, intelligent personal stories, weird ironic experiences, and twisted insights into the human experience. “As I get older I want to have profound spiritual talks. Or, let's tell some good jokes”.